- Introduction (15 mins):
- Demonstration (45 mins)-you will see a video created in real-time, including:
- Screen Capture
- PowerPoint animation
- Break (15 mins)
- Activity (1 hour 45 mins) – In this activity you will be creating a short video for your website or one of your classes.
- Customize our script to create a “Finding Articles” video for your library, or customize this blank template to create a different video (e.g. MLA, APA, intro to your library website, etc.)
- Film at least two live action shots (an intro and outro) using a FlipVideo camera.
- Film a screencast using CamStudio. Use the headset to record your narration.
- Create and film a short animation in PowerPoint. Use the headset to record your narration.
- Edit your video using Windows Live Movie Maker:
- import your footage into Movie Maker
- trim your clips to remove any superfluous footage
- add a title slide
- add rolling credits (for people and content)
- add transitions
- Produce the video in a format for YouTube.
- Save the video project for future edits.
Recommendations for budgeting your time:
- Editing the script (20 mins)
- Shooting (10 mins)
- Screen Capture or Animation (30 mins)
- Editing (35 mins)
- Producing and uploading (10 mins)
Rubric for activity:
Checklist for creating an “advanced” short educational/instructional video
Facilitator materials: script ; slides